Thursday 3 March 2011

February (so far...)


01.02.11

Went for lunch with Al and Peg then hammered out my resume to everywhere I possibly could around Swansea and Belmont. It’s looking pretty dire for work at the moment though as the university students don’t go back until the end of February/beginning of March.

04.02.11

I had a trial at a pub called the Orana this evening. The bar work was fine and the staff were nice, but it was the roughest of rough pubs and I’d have major difficulties to get home so it was tough to turn it down but it was not convenient.  I finished at 6 then joined everyone at the Yacht Club.

10.02.11

After the heatwave last week, apparently the hottest ever, I welcomed in some gloomy rainy weather to cool everything down. Had a bad few nights’ sleep!
I started doing some training at the bowling club – having handed out my resume everywhere and still no word of any work, even in Charlestown Sq shopping centre, I figured I may as well learn something even though it is unpaid. It’ll benefit me in the long run and the manager will give me a reference so that should help for future work. Shame really as I enjoy it there – the customers and staff are nice and the place is very clean!

11.02.11

I helped out at the bowling club again today and decided to go to the greyhound races with Robyn and Barry as they have a dog that was in his first race today. Pete was there too on a stag night and he introduced me to someone who reckons I can get work on a boat up at Airlie Beach so I will see how my travels up the coast go when I start that in April. Home then ending up at the Gunyah with Alison!

-        * So far February is a quiet month, mainly job hunting and spending my time at the Gunyah/Yacht Club. Also started going to the karaoke night on a Thursday with Kaz, which is good fun!*

18.02.11

So I went to a burlesque class tonight. Kaz’s daughter, Kasey, owns her own dance business and just started up burlesque on a Friday night. $10 and this includes nibbles and champagne. Had great fun in the class. Al and I stayed for a while after having a chat and doing terrible zumba moves!

19.02.11

Kaz’s birthday today! I was also invited next door for Amanda’s 6th birthday party. That started at 1pm so had a few ciders next door before getting picked up by Kaz at 5 to start the night at Kasey’s place. Kasey has the most beautiful house over looking Lake Macquarie. Dinner was booked for 7.30pm at Warner’s Bay Tavern so I was quite looking forward to that, I haven’t been there yet. I didn’t feel like much to eat due to picking all afternoon next door so I had an entrée of pumpkin and sage risotto balls, lovely food there. The place itself was really quiet so we ended up heading back to the Gunyah. Again, very quiet so we ended up at 16 Footers! Quiet at the pubs but we all had great fun.

20.02.11

We went for lunch at the Yacht Club (I’m in love with their $17 chicken schnitzel with Diane sauce, it’s delicious!) and met some more of Al’s friends, Jen and John and their little boy Sonny. Quiet evening with the air conditioning on as it was such a hot, muggy day!

21.02.11

Today is Amanda’s actual birthday so Al and I were invited to the Jewell’s Tavern for a meal. We took Maya for a good walk in the afternoon then got ready for a meal there. Dave’s family were all there too. Nice evening though it started to pour with rain – much needed rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment