Sunday 7 November 2010

20 Days To Go...

So as the title says, not too long left now! I can remember my first count at 17 weeks - doesn't feel that long! This summer has flown by.

This time in 3 weeks I will be up in the air somewhere! It's such a surreal feeling. People keep saying how excited I must be, I am, but I don't like to solely talk about it - I feel like I'm rubbing it in people's faces in a way and I don't want conversation to revolve around me and Australia - as much as I am really looking forward to it, I still want to talk about other things! I also think it's partly due to the fact I will miss Wales. My family and friends are here. It's so close now and I keep being reminded I won't be home for Christmas, part of me feels sad because it'll be the first Christmas in 23 (I also celebrate my 23rd birthday in Australia!) years I won't be with my parents. It'll also be their first Christmas without my sister and I (well, since we were born anyway!) as she's spending it with her partner's family this year!

It's also very surreal as I have waited for so long to go. I never thought I'd really organise and do it. I just hope I don't hate it and come home! You just don't know when you've never been somewhere and especially for such a long time. I can't wait to go scuba diving though, it's probably the only thing I'm really most excited about at the moment - I haven't been this summer and I miss it an awful lot!

I have to admit I'm glad I'm not flying with Qantas this month! They were in my top 5 choices but after what's just happened to one of the engines on the A380, I would be absolutely terrified now! Doesn't stop my usual worries of a potential plane crash but fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with Etihad - knowing my luck!

I am enjoying the Christmas songs at work, I don't care if people think it's too early! I love the lead up to Christmas - winter weather (though I am lacking lovely new winter clothes, very hard to resist buying them!), decorations, that Christmassy smell, music, food... everything! Luckily the Christmas market in Conwy/Llandudno is on from the 18th - 21st November so I can see that one and I go to Manchester that weekend, which also starts on the 18th so I can see that too! I love the Manchester market, the strawberry and lime 'kebab' soaked in chocolate - yummy! So next Sunday is my last weekend at work - only a few shifts left now. I have Saturday off so that gives me all day to prepare my goodbyes to friends - all of which I will hopefully still see in the weeks before my departure, but it's hard getting everyone together at once so it's gotta be done.

I think that's enough rambling for now! My next update will probably be just before I go, eeek! X

No comments:

Post a Comment